Who doesn’t want to have a delicious yet nutritious drink to freshen up their body and mood?
Well, if you are looking for such magical drinks, then Sea Moss smoothie is the solution for you.
Nothing can be compared to Sea Moss smoothie when we talk about its health benefits.
A summer morning is just incomplete without this gorgeous drink. From children to adults, anyone can enjoy this drink.
Sea moss smoothies are rich in vitamins and minerals. This seafood is used in milk, custards, and smoothies to thicken them. We will share some quick and easy smoothie recipes. They are so simple that even the laziest family member can make them. Just a few simple steps and hurray, you will be done with the Sea Moss smoothie.
Table of Contents
What Is Sea Moss?
Sea moss is an alga found in the Caribbean, Europe, and the east coast of the United States.
It is available in various shades, including hot pink, pink, purple, and black. Irish moss is no longer a rare pink seed that grows in warm water. So, it is an alga known for its glossy pink color and nutritional value.
Raw Irish Sea moss has been used in the form of sea moss drink, sea moss gel and also in powdered form for some time to fight many illnesses among the Irish and Jamaican people. In addition to minerals and nutrients, there are high levels of calcium and iodine present in sea moss.
It is an extremely popular supplement that is known for containing a number of essential vitamins and minerals.
It is packed with potassium, iron, fibers, vitamin A, proteins, etc.
This magical ingredient is naturally low in sugar and fat.
This article will tell you the potential benefits and downsides of sea moss.
It is extremely popular amongst celebrities too.
Kim Kardashian recently posted her picture on Instagram, where she was enjoying her smoothie filled with sea moss. Celebrities like Ashley Blaine, Featherson, and Tabitha Brown are too fond of this amazing superfood.
Sea Moss Smoothie Health Benefits
Irish moss is very nutritious and contains 92 nutrients and minerals. There is a good amount of iodine, calcium, magnesium, potassium, sulfur, and various nutrients.
- Parkinson’s disease causes aftershocks, stiffness, and laziness, in addition to slowing movement, and there is no cure at this time. However, early studies have shown that algae can delay the onset of Parkinson’s disease. (2)
- One observation showed that additional algae could be beneficial in increasing immunity.
- Irish moss is an excellent source of natural iodine and positively affects thyroid function when consumed in the right dose.
- Algae are microorganisms and fibers that contribute to the improvement of the gut microbiota.
- In one observation, fucoxanthin, the active ingredient in algae, is effective in lowering blood sugar levels.
- Some people believe that Sea moss can help women get pregnant and be used as a traditional childbirth treatment. However, there may be no evidence to support this fact. Therefore, scientists need to do additional research in this area.
- According to some studies, seaweed can lower LDL cholesterol, thin blood and reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease. Chondrus crispus has been shown to control infection and fight most cancers in all animals and humans.
Recommended Reading: Sea Moss Benefits And Side Effects
How Does Irish Sea Moss Tastes Like?
Irish Sea moss is a notable additive for juices, smoothies, soups, and desserts, especially when thickening is required. But what about the taste of seaweed?
Usually, algae are tasteless and look quite different from miles away. It’s hard to describe the exact taste when mixed with other ingredients. If it is uncooked, it will have a simple taste. However, it goes well with oysters, seaweed, and clams. Adding sea moss to smoothies can really bring a taste to these.
Best Sea Moss Smoothie Recipes
One of the best ways to consume sea moss is by adding sea moss gel to a smoothie.
The rich, creamy, and refreshing smoothie will hydrate, nourish, and rejuvenate your body.
We try to make all sea moss smoothies vegan and dairy-free.
The recipe for making these smoothies is so easy that even children can make it.
These smoothies are quick and delicious at the same time.
You just need one electric blender and 4 to 5 ingredients to make sea moss smoothies. Let’s have a look on how to make these delicious smoothies.
Banana Sea Moss Smoothie Recipe
- 1/4th cup Sea Moss Gel
- 2 cups almond milk
- 2 fresh figs
- 2 dried dates
- 1 ripe banana
- Soak the dates and figs for around 10 minutes to make them soft.
- Now add all the ingredients to a high-speed electric blender.
- Keep blending until it is smooth and has reached the desired consistency.
- Now pour them into fancy glasses and enjoy your delicious drink. Try to serve them fresh for better taste and benefits.
Notes and Additional Tips
- We have used almond milk instead of regular milk to make it dairy-free. Although, you can always use plant-based milk like soy milk, hemp milk, oat milk, coconut milk, etc.
- It is always a good idea to use a natural sweetener like dates and figs instead of using regular sweeteners for more benefits.
- You can also go for mangoes instead of bananas if you love them.
- You can use frozen fruits if you wish to add more taste.
Sea Moss And Bladderwrack Smoothie Recipe
- 1 Medium-sized frozen Banana
- 2 cups frozen berries (red berry, blueberry, raspberry, blackberry, cherries, peaches, melon, and pineapple)
- 1 ½ cup cold almond milk
- 3 tbsp agave nectar
- ½ cup coconut yogurt
- 2 tsp or 10grams Bladderwrack powder
- ⅓ cup or 80ml Sea Moss gel
- Add almond milk and coconut milk first.
- Then add other ingredients.
- Now put the electric blender to a high speed until it is smooth and has reached the desired consistency.
- Now serve them into fancy goblets and garnish them with berries.
- Enjoy your chilled and refreshing smoothie.
Notes and Additional Tips
- If your bladderwrack is in a whole/flaked form, grind it in a coffee/spice grinder before using it for your smoothie.
- The use of coconut yogurt is not mandatory, but it will surely add a creamier texture to your yogurt.
Sea Moss Powder Smoothie
- ½ Cup alkaline water
- 1 tsp sea moss powder
- 1 tsp sorrel powder
- Frozen fruits of your choice
- 1 cup cranberry juice
- 3 tbsp mango nectar
- First add alkaline water in an electric blender.
- Then add sea moss powder and let it sit for a while.
- Now add sorrel powder and let it sit for a while
- Add other ingredients and put the electric blender to a high speed until it gives the smooth and desired consistency.
- Your morning smoothie is all set to flatter you.
- Pour it into a stylish glass, click a tempting picture and put it on instagram.
Notes and Additional tips
- Sorrel powder is optional
- Instead of using cranberry juice, you can use some other juice of your choice.
Purple Sea Moss Smoothie
- Sea Moss
- Distilled water
- 1 lemon
- 1 banana
- Few blueberries
- 2 tsp Honey
- 1 ½ cup soy milk
- 2 tsp peanut butter
Steps to make Purple Sea Moss
- Wash your sea moss properly.
- Cut your lemon into four halves
- Once it’s done, put lemon wedges in distilled water and soak your sea moss into it overnight.
- The next morning, strain the water. you will see your sea moss changed its color to purple.
- Now put your sea moss in a high-speed blender and keep it until you get it in a gel form.
- Your purple sea moss is ready. Put it into a Mason jar and refrigerate.
Steps to make Purple Sea Moss Smoothie
- Pour soy milk in the blender
- Now add all other ingredients one by one
- Add 2 tsp Purple Sea Moss and put the blender to a high speed.
- And guys your purple sea moss smoothie is ready.
- Serve and enjoy.
Notes and Additional tips
- Do not use purple sea moss gel for more than a week.
- Always soak your sea moss distilled water or mineral water
Jamaican Irish Sea Moss Smoothie
- 2 tsp Sea Moss Gel
- ¼ cup soaked flax seeds (along with water)
- 1 can unsweetened evaporated milk
- ½ tsp freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp vanilla
- ¼ cup oats
- 2 tbsp unsalted roasted peanuts
- ¼ cup coconut milk
- Sweetened condensed milk to taste
- ¼ tsp salt
- Blend all the ingredients nicely in the electric blender until it is smooth.
- Pour this high protein Jamaican style smoothie on the beautiful glasses and enjoy.
Notes and Additional tips
- While you drink, you might taste tiny bits of oats, flax seeds, and peanuts. If you want it smooth, you can always use less of them.
Sea Moss Smoothie for Weight Loss
- 1 tsp Sea Moss Gel
- 1 cup walnut milk
- Nicely cut fruits of your choice
- Maple syrup
- Raw blue agave nectar
- 2 Dates
- Coconut Nectar
- Frozen fruits
- Blend all the ingredients at high speed.
- Pour it into a glass.
- Garnish them with frozen fruits
- Get ready to lose some weight without compromising on taste.
Notes and Additional tips
- Fruits will act as a natural sweetener. So you can add them according to your taste.
- You can also use almond milk or coconut milk instead of walnut milk
All the recipes which we have shared with you are high in protein and rich in omega-3.
You can always customize your recipe according to your taste and the ingredients available at home.
Sea Moss is the only ingredient that is important. Try to start your morning with the sea moss smoothie and you will notice a change in your body.
Risks And Dosage
Risks and Dosage
Sea Moss has a lot of beneficial properties, but excess of anything is bad.
If taken in excess, it can cause problems and may have a harmful effect on your health.
So, taking it in moderation is always a good idea.
If we talk about sea moss gel, it is recommended to take not more than 1-2 tbsp or 4-8 grams daily.
Overuse and intake of sea moss can be harmful to your body. Some of the problems that might occur due to the excess of sea moss in our food and diet are:
Excess of Iodine: The amount of iodine in the sea moss depends on the location where it is grown. So, we cannot predict the iodine level in the sea moss and if the iodine level in our body increases due to the consumption of sea moss regularly, the person can face hyperthyroidism and goiter. So, it’s safer to start with only a little amount of sea moss when starting.
Gastrointestinal Side Effects: Sea moss can cause diarrhea, constipation, bloating, nausea, frequent urination, farting, and stomach cramps if it doesn’t suit you.
It is advisable to start with one teaspoon gel, observe how your body reacts, and then gradually increase the amount.
Sea Moss Botanical's Takeaway
Sea Moss is truly a miracle supplement. It has jampacked nutrients and vitamins.
It will benefit in every single way, from good hair to good skin, from good immunity to a perfect body. It will prevent you from most of the diseases and makes sure to keep your digestion level high. Despite all the benefits, one should consume it in the right proportion.
You can always consume sea moss in different ways.
Some of the ways are sprinkling it directly on yogurt and oat flakes.
You can also mix the gel with soups, ice creams, stews, and drinks.
Despite everything, the best way to consume sea moss is with a smoothie. Get your sea moss gel from any of the stores and prepare your refreshing smoothie in less than fifteen minutes.