Everyone is either consuming sea moss or using it as a gel to improve their hair growth and skin texture. Making this superfood a part of your daily diet will minimize your cholesterol level and also keep you away from diabetes and heart problems.
So if you are wondering what is sea moss? it’s basically an alga with a frilly appearance that grows along the Atlantic coasts and is regarded as the powerhouse of vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants.
Unsurpassed benefits of sea moss
1. Skin: One of the most noteworthy benefits of using sea moss as a skincare product is its ability to retain water.
Your skin will remain hydrated the entire time if you switch to skincare products that use sea moss products as their ingredient. Also, the presence of sulfur in sea moss would help you tackle acne problems and skin aging
2. Weight loss: The presence of carrageenan content is a major contributor to weight loss. Once you include sea moss in your daily diet you notice less bloating in your body as you will start getting a sense of fullness in your body. This will limit control of your hunger and thus help you lose weight.
3. Hair: The lack of vitamin E in your hair is the major cause of your hair loss. Since sea moss contains good quantities of vitamin E it will fight oxidative stress and contribute to your hair growth.
4. Fertility: The main reason for women having pregnancy issues is the lack of iodine, calcium, zinc, and vitamin B. Sea moss contains all these nutrients. Ingesting sea moss would increase your chance of fertility. In the case of men, it helps improve the testosterone level, which would help them to increase their sex drive.
Recommended Reading: Sea Moss And Fertility
A powerhouse of nutrients
2 tablespoons of sea moss contain the following nutrient content
How To make sea moss gel
Through this blog, we aim to educate you on how you turn a packet of wildcrafted sea moss which is sold dried and raw, and turn that into gel texture to utilize its maximum potential.
Hence if you are exploring the internet on how to prepare sea moss gel? Your search ends here.
Things that you need
- A packet of wildcrafted sea moss
- The distilled water of mineral water
Step 1: Soften the sea moss
- Take a portion of sea moss from the packet and put it in the bowl.
- Pour distilled water or mineral water inside the bowl and keep it in the fridge for 8 hours so that it softens nicely.
- Once it softens, you will notice that sea moss has expanded and it has become plump.
Step 2: Place it in the saucepan
- Take on the plump sea moss and place it on the saucepan.
- Add two cups of water and boil it for five minutes on medium-high heat.
- Occasionally keep on stirring the plump sea moss, so that it doesn’t burn.
- Once this process is followed you will notice that the sea moss has turned into a yellowish creamy paste.
Step 3: Mix it with oil and place it in a blender
- Once you have got the yellowish creamy paste let it cool down for about five minutes.
- Then mix it with any nourishing oils on the market.
- We recommend products from Melanin Haircare as their nourishing oils provide excellent hydration. Once the mix is made you should start blending the sea moss by adding ½ cup of water.
Step 4: Blend it properly
- Once you blend the paste for good two minutes you will notice that your sea moss has turned into a gel that is white in color.
- You can directly use the gel from the blender or let it settle down for two minutes to make it thicker.
Step 5: Store in a container
Take out the thick sea moss from the blender and store it in an empty container for future use.
Ways to use sea moss gel
Now you know how to make Irish Sea moss gel, now it’s time to explore the ways how you can use it. Below are list are three essential use of sea moss gel that we believe are a must-know for any consumer of this seaweed.
1: Use it for making smoothies
If you are wondering how to prepare sea moss for smoothies, then us let assure you that the process is pretty simple.
Just add 2 tablespoons of your homemade gel into your mix of vegetables and fruits and your smoothie is prepared. Since sea moss has no flavor it will blend seamlessly with your smoothie.
2. Make delicious Ice cream
In order to prepare a sea moss ice cream, things that you will need are milk, some frozen chopped bananas, and 2 tablespoons of sea moss.
Blend all of them together in a blender and you have just prepared yourself a sea moss ice cream.
Top the ice cream with cocoa powder or strawberries to get an enriched taste.
3. Use it for hair and skin
In order to get achieve glowing skin; prepare yourself a skin facemask with sea moss.
Just take 2 tablespoons of turmeric powder and mix it will two tablespoons of sea moss gel and let it sit on your face for 15 minutes.
Wash it off, and you will notice a significant improvement in your skin almost instantly.
After conditioning your hair during the shower, make sure that you apply sea moss gel evenly on your hair.
Not doing an even application can make sea moss gel settle one side of your hair and result in a flaky scalp. Wash your hair again after a minute and you will notice a natural shine.
Purple sea moss gel recipe
According to a study 3, out of 5 consumers of sea moss believe that achieving the purple sea moss color is extremely important (1). This is because purple sea moss is a powerhouse of antioxidants that helps kill cancer cells and contributes to liver detoxification.
Ingredients that you will need
- Distilled water
- 1 piece lemon
- 1 chopped banana
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- 1 cup of soy milk
- 1 teaspoon of peanut butter
- 3 blueberries
Steps to prepare purple sea moss
- Take out a portion of sea moss and put it in a bowl with distilled water
- Cut the lemon into four wedges and place it in the water
- let this mix stay overnight
- Strain the water the next morning and you will sea moss color has changed to purple
- Now put his creamy paste in a blender and blend it with blueberries until you get the gel form
- Store it in a container and refrigerate
How much sea moss should you take daily?
The recommended daily usage of sea moss is four tablespoons per day which equates to eight grams. You can ingest sea moss in powdered form or in its gel form.
The most common way for consuming sea moss is through your smoothies.
Using sea moss is about quantity but about regularity.
So make sure you spend small quantities of sea moss by adding it to your daily diet.
In just about a week you will start notifying its benefits as your skin will start glowing and you will no longer have hair problems. Also, your metabolism will improve and you will feel energized throughout the day.
How many sea moss pills should take daily?
Since sea moss is a powerhouse of vitamins and minerals, consider sea moss as a multivitamin tablet. Once multivitamin capsules can be taken daily just after breakfast.
So follow the same procedure of sea moss too.
Once you start taking daily capsules of sea moss your blog sugar level will be controlled and you will lower your risk of heart diseases
How much sea moss powder to take daily
Sea moss powder helps in muscle buildup. So taking sea moss during endurance training or just before your workout session would be a good choice.
Sea moss side effects
Side effects vary from individual to individual.
Since everybody is different.
Please note that overconsumption of sea moss can lead to two crucial reactions: the first one is known as hyperthyroidism since sea moss contains heavy quantities of iodine.
The other one is known as abdominal pain and vomiting since there is even distribution of metals in sea moss.
Sea moss is a magical seaweed. Using its gel form can not only improve your skin and hair but also help you in losing weight and improve your digestion.
Just remember to take a moderate quantity of this algae since it contains heavy quantities of metal and iodine.